xx

Friday, January 11, 2013

Shattered Dreams

This Christmas my youngest daughter 

As a child, my GrandMama taught me how to knit, 
crochet, embroider, cross stitch, and sew, 
but it's literally been decades since I've 
picked up a hook or a needle.
 I was truly excited to get my hands
on this thing and begin knitting.
 During my last thrift shop excursion, and with it being a 50% off all merchandise day,
 I scored a huge bag of yarn for only $3!
 I was super duper stoked and had BIG plans and 
a bazillion and half  ideas that 
I wanted to implement.
I had even found a pair of some great vintage yarn
 for only $1.65.
It was half off day, remember?


With pink and black being my most favorite color combo 
in the whole wide world, I just knew 
it was proof positive that my 
first knitting project would rock!
 Tonight was to be the night that I would finally use my new knitting machine.
Should I begin with a scarf? 
A hat?  
Maybe I'd make those cute little bows
that everyone is wearing.
Long story short~
BLOWS!
SUX!
STINKS!
IS WORTHLESS!
IS A PIECE OF CRAP!
This bogus contraption continuously skipped and jumped rows.
What a disappointment it turned out to be.
My baby girl meant well, and bless her heart, 
for it is the thought that counts.
New Year Resolution #14:
Learn to knit and crochet by the end of this year.

No comments: